Damped Track Constraint
The Damped Track constraint constrains one local axis of the owner to always point towards Target.
- Target (Mesh Object Type)
- This constraint uses one target, and is not functional (red state) when it has none.
- Vertex Group
- If Target is a Mesh, a new field is displayed offering the optional choice to set a Vertex Group as target.
- Target (Armature Object Type)
- If Target is an Armature, a new field is displayed offering the optional choice to set an individual bone as Target.
- If Target is an Armature, a new field is displayed offering the optional choice to set weather the Head or Tail of a Bone will be pointed at by the Target. It is a slider value field which can have a value between 0 and 1. A value of 0 will point the Target at the Head/Root of a Bone while a value of 1 will point the Target at the Tail/Tip of a Bone.
- Once the owner object has had a Damped Track constraint applied to it, you must then choose which axis of the object you want to point at the Target object. You can choose between 6 axis directions (-X, -Y, -Z, X, Y, Z). The negative axis direction cause the object to point away from the Target object along the selected axis direction.