Page status (reviewing guidelines)
The Multiresolution modifier gives the ability to subdivide a mesh to different levels depending on whether you are viewing it from the 3D Viewport, Sculpt Mode or a Blender Render.
- Catmull-Clark / Simple
- Set the type of subdivision. Simple maintains the current shape, and simply subdivides edges. Catmull-Clark creates a smooth surface, smaller than the original.
- Set the level of subdivisions to use in the viewport.
- Set the number of subdivisions to use in Sculpt Mode.
- Set the number of subdivisions to use when rendering.
- Add a higher level of subdivision.
- Delete Higher
- Deletes all subdivision levels that are higher than the current one.
- Copies vertex coordinates from another mesh. To use, select a different mesh with matching topology and vertex coordinates, then ⇧ Shift select the mesh and click Reshape. The mesh will take the shape of the other one.
- Apply Base
- Modifies the mesh to match the form of the subdivided mesh.
- Optimal Display
- Skips the drawing of edges added from subdivision.
- Save External
- Saves displacements to an external .btx file.