The Triangulate modifier converts all faces in a mesh (whether it be quads or N-gons) to triangular faces. This modifier does the exact same function as the Ctrl+T triangulate in Edit Mode
- Quad Method
- Split the quads in nice triangles, slower method.
- Split the quads on the 1st and 3rd vertices.
- Fixed Alternate
- Split the quads on the 2nd and 4th vertices.
- Shortest Diagonal
- Split the quads based on the distance between the vertices.
- Ngon Method
- Arrange the new triangles nicely, slower method.
- Split the ngons using a scanfill algorithm.