< Doc:2.6 | Manual | Textures | Types | Procedural
Procedural textures: Wood
- Often used for
- Woods and ring-shaped patterns.
- Intensity only
- Shape of wave to produce bands
- Bands/Rings/Band Noise/Ring Noise
- Set the bands to either straight or ring-shaped, with or without turbulence
- There are two methods available for the Noise function
- Dimension of the Noise table
- Turbulence of the Band Noise and Ring Noise types
- Bands are generated based on a sine formula. You can also add a degree of turbulence with the Noise formula.
- As the band is based on a sine formula, the texture repeats itself every pi units rather than every 1.0 units. To correct this, scale the texture by a value of pi for the dimension you wish.