Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Rigging/Mirror Bone Constraints
|UI location||Tool Shelf > Mirror Constraints (while in Pose mode)|
|Usage||In pose mode, select bone(s) to mirror constraints from and click the Mirror Bone Constraints button in the Tool Shelf.|
|Category||The category field used in bl_addon_info dict||Distribution||Extern|
|Current version download||https://projects.blender.org/tracker/download.php/153/467/36334/27003/pose_mirror1,02.py|
This script is meant to provide a faster method of mirroring bone constraints across an armature, allowing it to be done with one click without ever having to leave pose mode.
- Download the script via the link above
- Either go to User Preferences > Addons > Install From File and install and enable the script as an addon, or load the script into a Text Editor pane and press "Run Script"
- Switch to pose mode
- Select bones to mirror constraints from
- Press the "Mirror Bone Constraints" button in the Tool Shelf
Some notes on functionality
- Script mirrors constraints between bones with opposite names (ie bone.l and bone.r)
- Constraint targets with opposite names will also be mirrored. This works for both target bones and any other objects in the scene being used as targets
- Any constraints on the bone being mirrored to are erased before the constraints are mirrored
- Supported bone extensions to indicate side are: .r, .R, .l, .L, _r, _R, _l, _L