One man, one lifetime. What have you accomplished? If you would like to accomplish something with me, please contact me via email: rogerwickes (at) yahoo.com. I am based in Atlanta, GA but travel internationally. Roles that I play include game, media, and corporate video producer, director, inventor, composer, songwriter, real estate manager, private fund manager, restaurant owner, software development business owner (Python, Java, HTML), and programmer. I take on any old role and new roles as needed to get the job done.
I am a Blender fan from back in the C-key days.I produced a 60-second commercial using Blender and was hooked on CG and animations ever since. I contributed my $50 toward taking Blender Open Source from NaN. I've used Blender for stills, animations and drawings of a patent (see uspto.gov, issued patents under Roger Wickes), to show home improvements, produce TV commercials and so forth - see my website.
Father, mentor, husband. I strive to enjoy life, as I realize how very fragile and short it really is.
If you look at George Lucas, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Ton Roosendaal, and what they have contributed to the world in their single lifetime, ask yourself: what have I done, and have I done enough? Look at Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Kurzweil, Helen Keller, Martin Luther King, and yes, that one Jewish rabbi called Jesus of Nazareth. It is so easy to get caught up in the mundane; the day to day drudgery of living. I encourage everyone to seek out and live their full potential.
--Roger 04:18, 13 September 2006 (CEST)
- Organizational Development*
- Documentation To Do list
- Meeting with Turner Broadcasting Cartoon Network Animation Intiative
- Manual/Scene Management including Working with...,Outliner, and Linked Libraries
- Manual/Interaction in 3D, Manual/3D View Options
- Shading and Lighting
- Manual/Multiple Materials
- Manual/Painting (Vertex Painting, UV texturing, Texture Painting)
- Manual/Ambient Light, Manual/Lighting Rigs
- Manual/Animation Basics (mostly editing)
- Softbody and Cloth (coming soon)
- Manual/Compositing Intro and all Composition Nodes for 2.42
- Compositing examples (Manual/Vector Blur, Blur Background, Manual/Depth Of Field, Photo Enhancement)
- Manual/Video Sequence Editing, Manual/Video Sequences
- Motion Capture Programs and Workflow
- Using the Blender Game Engine (BGE) for Storyboard Presentation
- Using the VSE for Animatics
- Camera Mapping and UV projections
- Blending Emotion into Images using Compositing Nodes
and over 6000 posts in BlenderArtists, responding to problems had by other users.
Ideas for a Physically-based Renderer by adding spectral and dispersion maps to describe surfaces and volumes in a uniform, consistent manner, in such a way as to use OpenCL, and in a way that avoids all these hacks and work-arounds required to make a fake look good. Ideally, we should have a CG shader system (Pixar), and a reality shader system (film CG) to choose from, tightly integrated into Blender. However, the recent LuxRender.net work may obviate the need for a BI physical renderer. Fun stuff to think about, in any event wherever it leads.