< Doc:2.6 | Manual | Data System | Files
Page status (reviewing guidelines)
Its not always that you will have to work on a project using one software. Basically, you might start off in Blender, but you will want to switch to another software and continue from there.
That is possible as Blender allows Exporting to other formats. Blender 2.65 currently supports exporting to 8 formats, including COLLADA.
These are important so that you can share you files with others who are not Blender users, such as those using Autodesk® 3DS Max®.
Motion Capture (.bvh)
only available for import
- Apply Modifiers
- Bakes down the modifier stack by applying them.
- Exports active uv layer's coordinates of the geometry.
- Exports the geometry normal data for smooth and hard edges.
- Vertex Colors
- Exports the active vertex color layer
- Saves the file in ASCII file format.
Autodesk® 3DS Max® (.3ds)
- Selection Only
- Export selected objects only
- Specify the forward axis
- Specify the up axis