< Doc:2.6 | Manual | Game Engine | Logic | Sensors
The Radar sensor works much like a Near sensor, but only within an angle from an axis, forming an invisible cone with the top in the objects’ center and base at a distance on an axis.
See Sensor Common Options for common options.
- Special Options
- This field can be used to limit the sensor to look for only those objects with this property.
- 1) The Radar sensor can detect objects "through" other objects (walls etc).
- 2) Objects must have "Actor" enabled to be detected.
- This menu determines the direction of the radar cone. The ± signs is whether it is on the axis direction (+), or the opposite (-).
- Determines the angle of the cone. (Range: 0.00 to 179.9 degrees).
- Determines the length of the cone. (Blender units).
This sensor is useful for giving bots sight only in front of them, for example.
Note about soft bodies
The Radar sensor can not detect soft bodies. This is a limitation in Bullet, the physics library used by the Game Engine.