Page status (reviewing guidelines)
Page reviewed and in good shape
- Q. The smoke cache is greyed out!
- A. Save your .blend file.
- Q. Blender Crashes when I push the Domain Button of a smoke simulation!
- A. This is caused by outdated drivers. Update your Drivers.
- Q. Blender Crashes when Smoke Simulations bake!
- A. You ran out of RAM to compute it. Try Baking at a lower resolution.
- Q. The smoke isn't rendering!
- A. Go back and read the documentation.
- Q. When I try to make fire, it gives me strange results, or doesn't show up.
- A. Make sure you have a high emmision Value for the Material, and that you have a Smoke Density texture, and that you set the fire texture to Multiply.
- In-Depth introduction to smoke and fire in Blender 2.5 covering most of the pitfalls
- Guide to realistic fire in Blender by MiikaH